Time:1 - 2 Hours
Taking someone you care about horseback riding is an equally sweet and romantic gesture. This is the perfect date to plan for a special occasion, on vacation or when you just want to get away for a day.
Why do most people find horseback riding so romantic? Maybe it’s the simplicity of enjoying the outdoors and being in nature together. Or it could be the wild images it conjures up of dueling knights and rescued damsels.
Whatever the reason, taking the one you love on a beach or trail ride will make them melt. And it will allow you both to spend a lovely day sightseeing, talking to each other, and enjoying the tranquility all around you.
- 2 Horses
- Comfortable Clothing
- Sun Protection
- Food and Drinks
- Horse Treats
- A Guide (optional and depending on experience)
- Preparing the date. If neither you nor your date have ever ridden a horse before, you’ll want to book your trip with a registered riding company or stable and request a guide. Depending on where you are, you may have a choice between a beach ride (the stuff of Hollywood movies!) or a charming country trail ride.
- Many of these companies offer group rides, but if romance is what you’re after, it’s a good idea to spend the extra money for a private instructor. Good weather is vital to this date going well (trail-riding in the rain is miserable!) so check the forecast beforehand.
- Make sure to dress comfortably and wear layers that can be taken off and put back on when hot or cold. Riding boots are ideal, but certainly not necessary! If you don’t have any you can wear hiking boots or even good rubber boots. Be sure to bring sun protection, including sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Be safe. Unless you’re a very experienced rider, don’t go out on your own and don’t try to impress your date with jumping skills or the speed of your gallop. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the date! If you’re going for a longer ride, pack a picnic lunch and make sure you take lots of water with you (you can have a glass of wine upon your safe return), along with a mobile phone in case of emergencies.
Safety is key. Nothing ruins a good date like a trip to the hospital! Make sure both your and your partner are comfortable with the horses you’ve been given and always heed the advice of your guide.