Time:3 - 4 Hours
Floating, together with your lover, amongst the clouds while you peer down at emerald green mountains and rainbow-colored valleys is the stuff of dreams. A once in a lifetime experience, this is truly THE date to end all dates.
Peaceful and quiet, you won’t hear the wind because you’ll be moving with it. And rather than feeling like you’re going up, it will simply feel as if the ground below you is dropping away.
If you’re in love and looking for an unforgettable way in which to show your partner how much you care or to celebrate a very special occasion, such as an anniversary or milestone birthday, a private hot air balloon ride is an absolutely lovely idea. And it’s sure to romance their socks off.
- Fair Weather (vital)
- Reservations with Reputable Company
- Warm Clothes
- Sun Protection
- Picnic (optional)
- Make reservations. If you’re planning to take a private balloon ride for two, then you’ll need to charter a balloon with a registered company ahead of time. The most popular times of year for ballooning are in the late spring (dry days only), summer and early autumn. You can choose from morning, afternoon or evening flights, depending on your desired atmosphere. Morning trips are best for viewing wildlife far below you, while many evening rides feature breathtaking sunsets. To put it simply, there no wrong decision!
- Dress warmly and comfortably. No need for high heels while standing in a wicker basket! You’ll typically need to embark and disembark in a field, so wearing sensible shoes is advised. The majority of hot air balloons travel approximately 3,000 feet above the ground, so wearing reasonable warm clothes or layers is best! While the air is always cooler the higher you are, the absence of wind will help.
- Food and Drinks. A balloon ride usually lasts 3-4 hours, including the time it takes to power on and off, so food and drinks is recommended. A nice bottle of wine or champagne is a great way to enhance the celebratory feel, as is a special snack or picnic of chocolate-covered strawberries or cheeses. If you would rather have the food and beverages pre-packed (especially if it’s a surprise!), speak to the ballooning company about their romantic package deals.
- Soak up the magic. This is a special date, so make sure to enjoy it fully! Be aware of the tranquility of having nature surround you. Bring a camera and ask your pilot to take a photo of you both together. Don’t feel the need to make lots of conversation - the views will speak for themselves.
Balloon flight was man’s first opportunity to fly and is endlessly romantic. If you’re looking for a lovely and private way to propose, consider this.