A retro date idea that is especially fantastic for new couples! Keeping things casual on a first date ensures that both of you will feel comfortable and be able to get to know each other in a fun, pressure-free environment. And lucky for you, there’s no need to organise a separate place for dinner or drinks, as bowling alleys serve both. Bowling alleys often throw special events, such as midnight bowling, 2-for-1 discounts and glow-in-the-dark nights, so do your research!
Embrace the funky atmosphere and cheesy music, order a couple beers, share a pizza or fries and get your bowling groove on!
- Book a Lane (if it’s a crowded alley)
- White Clothes (for glow-in-the-dark bowling)
- This date involves very little prep work, simply pick an alley and call ahead to reserve a lane and time slot if necessary. Cool new bowling alleys with funky retro vibes have been springing up everywhere over the past few years, so do a bit of research to find out which is the best around.
- Don’t forget to wear socks and remind your date to bring some! You’ll be wearing shoes that have been worn by hundreds of people and athlete’s foot is a very real danger.
- The great thing about a bowling date, aside from it being a sweet and fun idea, is that it can last as long as you want it to! Play a few sets in a row if you’re both into it, and take a break for food whenever you want! you can order and drink from your lane, but will have to sit behind it to eat.
- There’s no need to worry about being a champion bowler, as very few people are anymore! Offer your date a few tips if they’re struggling, or ask for some pointers if they’ve got a great game. You can keep score if you want, but there’s no need to.
- Aside from bowling and food, there will also be arcade games, pool tables, darts and air hockey to play. Keep the mood light and have fun!
You may find that a little competition helps lighten the vibe and even heat things up between the two of you. Just avoid becoming overly competitive or being a sore loser, as that can easily ruin an otherwise great date!