5 Ways to Heat Up Your Sex Life This Summer
By: Simone Paget |
At the start of every summer I like to go through my wardrobe and get rid of t-shirts, shorts & flip flops that have seen better days, so I can update them with something fresh. Summer is the perfect time to freshen things up and gain a new perspective. This doesn’t just apply to what’s inside your closet. Summer is also a great time to switch things up and put a little kick back into your sex life. Here are a few simple ways you can make your sexy time even sexier this season:
1. Exercise: Staying active and working out regularly is not only good for your body and makes you feel good, it’s also great for your sex life. Regular physical activity outside of the bedroom will give you more energy, stamina, (and if you’re doing your stretching or yoga) flexibility. Working on your body and doing something for you can also lead to a huge confident boost and a nice glow – all things that translate very nicely into the bedroom! Studies have shown a direct link between physical inactivity and lack of sexual potency. So, go put on those work-out clothes and start working up a sweat (so you can work up a sweat in the bedroom later!) Your sex life will thank you.
2. Eat your fruits and veggies: Although there is no scientific evidence that a man can alter the taste of his semen, many experts are in agreement that eating a diet rich in fruits and veggies can help improve the taste. Apple and pineapple juice in particular are recommended to help sweeten the taste of a man’s cum. Whereas foods like meats, dairy, deep fried foods, coffee, alcohol, asparagus (for obvious reasons) and cigarettes are rumored to adversely affect the flavor of semen. Eat healthy = feel better = have better tasting cum. Even if the taste doesn’t alter dramatically, it’s still a win/win situation.
3. Get Slippery with Lube: It always surprises me when I hear about people who have never tried using extra lube during sex. A little bit of lube goes a long way and can make sex so much better – whether you’re with a partner or playing with your favorite toy. I’m personally a fan of Sliquid Organics Silk Lubricant. It has a silky, non sticky texture and is infused with certified organic botanical extracts of Green tea, Hibiscus, Flax and Sunflower seed and Aloe vera. It’s also free of petroleum, glycerin, parabens and animal products, making it completely Vegan friendly. Oh, and it feels AWESOME.
4. Get in touch with your inner “50 Shades of Grey”: If you enjoy acting out your fantasys, why not take a page out of everyone’s favorite beach read this year, the steamy 50 Shades of Grey? Stock your bedroom with some leather hand-cuffs, a black silk blind-fold and have some fun. Just make sure you have your partner’s consent before you start to play!
5. Take things outside the bedroom: Summer is all about getting out and experiencing the world around you! Try applying that attitude to your sex life and get a bit creative. Perhaps you have a balcony that’s dying to be “christened” with a steamy encounter or perhaps you’re craving some vacation sex with an alluring stranger. Either way, now is the time to do it! Also make sure you check out Bella’s post on places to have sex this summer for inspiration.
Have fun & be safe! xo