23 Ways to Know You’re Ready for a Serious Relationship
By: Jamie Ann |
- You don’t feel the need to actively look love.
- You wonder if they would make a good husband or wife.
- You’re turn a little green with envy when you hear how happy someone else is with their significant other.
- You realized that just going on dates is making you lonely.
- You’re okay with taking things slow.
- You don’t flinch when you hear the words “soul mate.”
- You’re looking for a different kind of person that you were when you were dating for fun.
- You wait longer to sleep with someone you’re dating.
- You really, really want them to meet your friends.
- You really, really want your friends to LIKE them.
- You start thinking in the terms of “we” instead of “I”.
- You’re truly comfortable with yourself how you are.
- You’re welcome the word “commitment.”
- You think about if they would make a good parent.
- You’re more concerned in their values, goals and interests than how hot they are.
- You’re not into settling for conditional love.
- You’re ready to share your life with someone else.
- You’re ready to share THEIR life.
- You’re not ever thinking about “the one that got away” anymore.
- You realize that this isn’t just about the ticking clock.
- You’re not concerned with dealbreakers.
- You’ve come to realize a relationship is a WANT not a NEED.
- You’ve thrown your “list” out.
Did any of those hit home? Obviously this list isn’t a one size fits all kind of thing. Everyone is different, so you’ll know you’re ready when you know. These hopefully just get you thinking about where you are in your life. Maybe you’re not ready for a serious relationship and that’s perfectly okay. Everyone moves at their own pace, so keep that in mind.
For those in a relationship – how did you know you were ready for a serious relationship?