The Top 20 Dating Tips for Successfully Finding Love after 50
By: Elizabeth Marie |
1. Write a Dating Statement about why you are dating and what type of relationship you hope to find with a man.
2. Be committed to dating meaning spend time daily looking for your Mr. Right.
3. Stop making excuses for not dating and just get out there and try it!
4. Realize limiting beliefs about men hold you back from finding the greatest guy out there for you.
5. Know the difference between what Hollywood teaches us about men and women finding love and reality. Hollywood’s version doesn’t exist!
6. Don’t be perfectionistic about men. We all have flaws.
7. Figure out your deal breakers and only take men off your list of possibilities when they possess deal breaker qualities. Otherwise, give a guy a chance.
8. Get out of your comfort zone and date men who are different then your usual type.
9. Be extraordinary! Show your best side when you date.
10. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t-your right! Henry Ford said this about developing cars. Its true for every aspect of your life including finding good men and dating.
11. Don’t do Shiny Penny Syndrome thinking there is always someone better out there for you. You might miss great guys this way.
12. Never be married to an idea of who a man must be.
13. Know the current dating rules that will make you successful at finding love again after 50!
14. Don’t be too transparent on a first date by revealing all the good, the bad and the ugly about yourself. There’s a time and a place for everything.
15. Go from Invisibility to Rock Star Visibility with a great picture and profile online!
16. Be Teflon Coated by knowing some men will like you and some won’t. Let it slide off of you as being one man closer to finding the ONE you are looking for. Sometimes it takes kissing a few frogs along the way.
17. Every date is a learning experience and a chance to meet someone new and interesting.
18. Be courageous and go after your dating dreams.
19. Have a dating strategy in place.
20. Be willing to get dating help and support from friends, family, a therapist or a dating coach. We are all here to help you make your dating journey a success!