5 Ridiculously Romantic Winter Date Ideas
By: Elizabeth Marie |
There is something about winter that is just so romantic. Maybe it’s the chilly weather that encourages snuggling, or just the magic of the season…whatever it is, it’s a great excuse to take things up a notch when it comes to your dating life. Need some ideas? We got you covered. :
- Ice Skating/skiing! This is the epitome of a perfect winter date. It doesn’t matter if you have zero ice skating or skiing skills-it’s all about having fun and laughing at yourself-and your date. It’s actually better if you have to hang on to each other for dear life or to prevent falling…how could that not be fun?
- Indoor Picnic. I love picnics outside in the sun, but eating a sandwich on a block of ice in the snow doesn’t sound very appealing, so take your picnic indoors. Make some homemade soup, or order takeout, pop a bottle of bubbly and get comfy out on the floor. Points if you have a fireplace-if not, light some candles and pretend.
- Holiday events! During late Nov-January, there seems to be no shortage of holiday parties and events going on, and they are a great date idea. It can be a low pressure way to introduce someone to your friends, and everyone loves an excuse to get all dressed up.
- Build A Snowman-Ok, this one is just for me! It doesn’t snow where I live, so the idea of building a snowman is something I’ve only seen in movies. I think it would be so fun to have a contest to see who can build the best snowman, followed by a snowball fight, of course. Can someone please do this so I can live vicariously through you? 🙂
- Winter Wonderland Photo Shoot-This is definitely not an idea for a first date (how bizarre would that be?) but for a couple who have been dating for a little while, taking advantage the gorgeous backdrop of winter and snapping a few silly photos would be a great date. If you’re camera shy, a little liquid courage never hurt anyone. These photos could also make wonderful gifts, or at the very least, new facebook profile photos. 🙂