Five Signs You’re Ready To Love Again
By: Elizabeth Marie |
Most of us, regardless of age, are guilty of holding onto the past when it comes to our relationships. Whether it’s because we’re still in love with an ex or simply afraid of what might happen, taking that first step towards love can be terrifying.
This fear is especially common in mature daters. If you want love, but maybe you’ve already had a great soul-mate type love and aren’t sure how anyone else will compare, or perhaps the idea of joining the dating game intimidates you, here are five signs you’re ready to love again.
1. You’re curious. If you find yourself listening eagerly when friends share first date stories, or have toyed with the idea of signing up for a mature dating site, it’s a good sign that you’re at least open to the possibility of love.
2. You’re ready to let go of the past. Many mature daters have grieved the loss of their partner or spouse, and feel guilty at the thought of dating again. Letting go doesn’t mean forgetting, and when you are ready to move forward, you’ll know. Take your time-but always keep moving forward.
3. You have a fulfilling life. Older daters might find themselves wanting to date simply to have someone to pass the time with, and while companionship is a great benefit of dating, it shouldn’t be your only motivation. When you’ve fully embraced the single life and are enjoying hobbies and activities that really interest you, you’ll have more to bring to the dating table, and you’ll find it much easier to connect with like-minded mature daters.
4. You’re excited about the possibility of love. Does the thought of falling in love again make you want to run and hide under the covers? Mature daters often complain that they feel pressured to date before they are really ready, whether it’s your children “not wanting you to be alone” or your girlfriends telling you to get out there! The choice to open up your heart to love again is yours and yours alone, so make sure your motivation is purely selfish! We give you permission.
5. You have a plan. One thing about dating is true for all ages, both men and women everywhere. Your relationship status won’t change until you change, and you’ll never meet a potential soul-mate simply by sitting home, wishing him or her to appear. Are you hoping to meet a friend of a friend? Let them know you’re available! Do you want to give online dating a try? Ask your son or daughter to help you set up an amazing profile. Whatever you decide, have fun with it-dating is incredible at this stage in your life!