January 28th, 2010 by Elizabeth Marie
Top 10 Funny Chat-Up Lines That Actually Work
A good pickup line is hard to find, but the perfect ice breaker can work wonders. The essence of that line is to get the girl or the guy talking. There are funny pickup lines and sincere pickup lines. There are romantic pick up lines and lame pick up lines. There are pickup lines that don’t sound like pickup lines at all. For a pickup line to work, it needs to be the right line for the right time at the right place on the right person! Sound confusing? It doesn’t have to be!
Image credit: Flickr
- Sincere - Sincere lines work well with sincere girls. This one is sweet. “Hi, my name is Joe. I would love to meet you. Do you have a friend who can introduce me to you?”
- Funny - Funny pick up lines are best reserved for the pub, when everyone has moved from sober to just past happy. This one was uttered by Clark Gable in ‘Red Dust” in 1932. “Mind if I get drunk with you?” It’s still a great line!
- Romantic - Here’s a romantic line for that adorable doll you can’t keep your eyes off. “Can you give me directions to your heart?” Follow it up with, “You’re so beautiful that you made me forget the rest of my pickup line.” Smile!
- Challenging - Sometimes, she’s the most beautiful girl in the room, but she’s giving everybody a hard time (no, not that kind of hard time). Try something a little different, “You’re ugly but you intrigue me.” Yes, there may be an explosion, but she’s talking, isn’t she?
- Biblical - Pick up lines even work in church. What’s simpler than, “Do you need help carrying your bible? It looks heavy.” Smile!
- Sexy - The place is horny and hot. She’s eyeing you. You’re eyeing her. You walk up to her, and say, “Nice pair of legs. What time do they open?”
- On the Road - You’re on the road. She’s gorgeous. You walk up to her, stop, and say, “I’m new in town. And I can see that I’m going to be lost without you. Could you give me directions to your apartment?”
- Dog Walking - She’s walking her Peke. You’re walking your pootch. You point to the dogs and say, “Did you hear those barks? They want to date! Can we arrange for them to meet?
- Coffee Shop - You’ve been eyeing her for a while at the coffee shop. She’s deeply engrossed in doing something on her laptop. You walk up to her and say, “Can I email you at firstname.lastname@example.org?”
- For the Ladies - “Hi Handsome. I thought you might like to meet me so I came to introduce myself. I’m …..” How could he not want to meet you?
And as a bonus…
- Online Dating- “Hey there! Your online dating profile caught my eye. I’d love to hear more about your backpacking trip is Asia/mountain biking hobby.” Since humor is hard to interpret in emails, it’s best to stay on the safe side and not be too funny online-at least at first!
Pick up lines should generally be said in a light tone of voice. And if the first one doesn’t work, ask her what type of pick up lines generally work for her. Then give her a big smile. It’s only meant to break the ice and get you talking. Two sentences in? You’re talking! And remember smiles are the best pick up lines ever.
Try testing them out when online dating – you may be surprised how well they work!