June 30th, 2014 by Alicia Drewnicki
25 Guys Reveal What They Find Unattractive About Women…
After finding out what guys find irresistible about women, I thought it was time to explore the other end of the spectrum. Ladies – brace yourselves and prepare for some home truths; here are the things men find unattractive about women:
1) “Too much makeup; women that look like they have a mini cement mixer for the foundation they slap on. A little is ok but keep the false advertising for magazines! Women that don’t want to eat or nibble at the table: “I’m watching my figure” then go home and chow down like they haven’t eaten for a week. Also, getting ratty at that special time of the month and seemingly managing to blow everything out of all proportions. Moaning has to be pretty up there too. Bad hygiene is a definite U-turn – bad breath, bad teeth or excessive hair. The stupid “hi yaaaaa” that girls do when they meet their friends – arms thrown in the air, loud and high pitched for maximum attention – these are my friends, all mine! Women that think they are the bomb but look more like Miss Piggy than Miss Catwalk! Women who can’t walk in heels. Tiny girls who wear 6″ heels to make themselves taller. Whilst we may not be Einstein, a simple calculation of 5ft 6″ minus 6” is still 5ft! Small is cute – roll with it!”
2) “Being a bad drunk. Not being interested in things, so for example, not being curious or wanting to learn anything, and women who are fussy eaters and don’t want to try new things.”
3) “I hate when girls talk like babies, giggly immature stuff! Dependency, low self worth.”
4) “Women who wear clothes that are too short for their body shapes and show off more than needs to be seen – leave a little to the imagination! The orange women; women who wear fake tan or use sunbeds far too much and need to let a little natural colour show through. Women that wear massive heels but can’t walk in them and look awkward. Not to mention needing a ladder to look them in the eye despite being over 6 foot myself. Long nails – I don’t like it when you are talking to women and notice there nails are the size of coat hooks! Fake nails are fine just don’t make them look like hooks! Loads of tattoos and piercings, a few tasteful tattoos or piercings are fine and as much as I’m not a tattoo/piercing person, some do look nice, but having them plastered all over your face is just a no.”
5) “Hairy arms and farting!”
6) “Someone that takes themselves too seriously. Also when girls preen themselves on dates constantly ie. touching up their makeup. Also, girls that dress badly too – like really short skirts on a first date.”
7) “Needy, clingy, constantly suspicious, vain, needlessly unconfident, no ambition, shallow. Not independent, relationship is the main part of her life – sacrifices friends and family to obsess over relationship, stalkerish qualities.”
8) “If it’s tinder specific, the second I see all the photos are selfies in front of mirrors….no. The assumption that on dates the man will pay for everything, I don’t mind but not when we’re 3 dates in and you haven’t even paid for a cordial. Being very short with messages or in conversations. I instantly lose interest if I feel like I’m having to force every conversation. Whilst this may seem like they really aren’t interested in me, which of course happens a lot, I’ve had a few people do this and then be confused why I fall off the face of the Earth and don’t want to see them again. Also, too much make up.”
9) “When I lived in Australia an FHM model gave me her number. Happy days, right? It was…until she started talking. Beautiful house but nobody home. A bungalow, no upstairs. Looks are important but they shouldn’t be a replacement for a personality!”
10) “Overuse of fake tan, excessive amounts of make up, lack of ambition career wise, bitching, bad table manners, a lack of hobbies/interests is unattractive, lack of interesting conversation.”
11) “Women who think it’s ok to be on the toilet while you’re in the bath.”
12) “Uncleanliness and manliness – I like girls to be girly if that makes sense!”
13) “For me the most unattractive things in a female are laziness, fakeness and expectations. Anyone who is lazy in life (be it aspiration, motivation or physical activity), fake (think huge heels, plastered makeup, high maintenance) or has expectation of me is a huge no no. One of the things that bugs me most is the expectation of what a guy should do. I hate it when girls preach female equality and rights (which I’m a big advocate of may I add) and then thrust a stereotype onto the guys they date. If I want to pay for something I will – but don’t go into a date expecting me to! Respect yourself, respect your morals and respect my right not to have to pander to your every wish.”
14) ” Boring chat – if you cannot make interesting conversation, there is very little chance I will find you attractive. Personality-wise, the biggest turn-off for me is a girl with misplaced confidence. Someone who thinks she’s too good for me without having taken the time to get to know me. I’ve been fortunate enough to have met many girls who have bucked this trend but I have definitely also met my fair share. Also a ‘snubber’ – if a guy asks you out and you don’t want to accept, at least have the decency to say so! Don’t just disappear off the face of the Earth. Last but not least, please, for the love of God, dress for your shape! If you don’t have the body for an outfit, don’t wear it! All women can dress well if they’re smart about it so a little self-awareness is all I request.”
15) “Superficial girls, though they heavily invest in appearing eye-catchingly attractive and succeed, put me off a lot. What they lack in in personality, they make up in superficiality I guess. Culturally and intellectually narrow-minded girls are also an unattractive quality.”
16) “Too much eye makeup, super picky eaters, high pitched voices, overly judgemental, obsessively jealous, republican.”
17) “It really depends on where one is in life and how much one is willing to settle…because when you really get to know somebody you can actually make nearly any relationship work if you’re willing to let go of certain expectations and accept the person as they are…nobody is perfect including oneself. Number one unattractive thing; bad breath and flat booty.”
18) “At one end of the spectrum there is the laddish, lazy, loud, rude, obnoxious, miserable and clinically obese woman with no patience or regard for herself or others. She smells and has no positive outlook on life. A real burden on her family, friends and the NHS. At the other end of this unfortunate scale is the attention seeking, “pretty” but pouting, self obsessed and self absorbed, up her own overly squatted ass girl. She’s the type that has blisters everyday because she refuses to take her high heels off. She will look down on you if you have a pimple or a hair out of place or you are not tall enough, not muscular enough, not rich enough – “you don’t drive a Merc?” If she’s a snob obsessed with the surface of things I won’t be investigating further.”
19) “One of the biggest turn-offs for me, is a woman without drive or ambition. I feel that everybody needs to have a passion in life, whether it be wanting to follow their dream to become a professional shoe-polisher or maybe having an academic-based goal, such as progressing to the top within a job hierarchy. Women with ambition usually have more to talk about and are therefore more interesting and exciting. There’s nothing worse than having to try and make conversation with someone that has nothing to talk about.”
20) “I think every man loves his girl to dress-up and look amazing, but there’s a limit. Being obsessed with looks and always looking immaculate can be testing! Sometimes beauty is being comfortable is their own skin without the glam. Other than that, planning 18 months in advance is challenging for blokes who normally haven’t worked out what they’re having for tea let alone what tomorrow involves. So if you’re going to make plans. Try to keep them a little flexible!”
21) “The most unattractive thing I find in a woman is a lack of inquisitiveness. I don’t need or want a woman to pretend they know everything about everything, but a lack of interest in the world around them is a very big turn off.”
22) “The laddish woman – stop trying to neck pints, fart and talk about boobs. It just isn’t attractive. The ‘world revolves around me’ woman – I am SO popular and SO attractive and have SO many friends and you all mean SO much to me… but only when I can be arsed. Any girl who walks around with excessive fake tan and more make up than a MAC counter. Honest to god, less is more, and we love sitting around for twenty minutes whilst you shed your skin before bed. Not.”
23) “A woman who talks about money a lot, watches every episode of Eastenders or Coronation Street, has a hairy chin, doesn’t ask any questions about myself, doesn’t offer to split the bill (even though I’ll pay for it anyway), eats lots of junk food, doesn’t smile much, doesn’t laugh a lot, dresses as a boy, discourages me from taking risks, doesn’t know when there is a world war going on, isn’t comfortable in social situations, doesn’t know much about other cultures.”
24) “Bad spelling – suggests a lack of intelligence, lots of make up, Essex accents, taller than 5′ 5″, pretty girls who think they deserve to have everything bought for them because of how they look.”
25) “One of the first things my old man taught me as a kid was the universal truth that a woman can be the singular most attractive person you will meet, be that through looks, their personality, their intelligence and humour, even down to something as simple as their smile or laugh. It’s something I’ve grown to appreciate as I’ve gotten older. So to ask me what I find unattractive about a woman, that’s a challenge and something that’s required some thought.
I would say the one thing I find unattractive in a woman is untempered confidence verging on arrogance that is lacking in any humility. Now this isn’t to say I find confident women unattractive, I don’t. Quite the reverse. It is where this confidence bleeds into the inflation of an ego, where self assuredness drowns out modesty to the point of conceit. I’ve been lucky enough to know many attractive women, and even luckier to call many of them friends. But its the women who ‘know’ they’re pretty, with no humble touchstone or sense of modest reservation about how attractive they are, these women are unattractive to me and always will remain so.”
So there you have it – the truth about what men find unattractive in women. There are definitely some shared beliefs here; many guys stated that too much makeup/orange fake tan is a no-go. A little is fine, but if it’s caked on, it’s a turn off. Clothing was mentioned a lot – especially garments of the more revealing variety. Guys seem to agree that flashing the flesh is not the way to impress! There’s a lot more beauty in the act of mystery and leaving something to the imagination. A few guys mentioned fussy eaters and jealous tendencies being off-putting and bad breath was another guaranteed man-repeller.
A particularly hated trait was when girls are too loud, high-pitched, immature and giggly, especially when greeting fellow female friends (the message seems to be ‘tone it down girls!’) Many guys commented on how much they value ambition and drive in life, as well as interesting conversation and simply having a curiosity in the world. What they’re not after is a girl who looks good but turns out to be as sharp as a bowling ball.
On the image front, it’s all about balance; a lot of guys said they were put off by ‘laddish’ girls who act like men rather than ladies, are excessively hairy with bad personal hygiene, and take no pride in their appearance. At the same time though – being too high maintenance is a major turn-off too. Guys don’t want a woman who spends hours on her appearance and believes she can get whatever she wants simply because of her looks. Superficial, arrogant girls who think they are above everyone and have high expectations about how a man should behave are very unappealing to guys. What’s better is humble beauty who exhibits natural charm and looks after herself, but not to the point of obsession and artificiality.
Image via weheartit.
Comments are closed.