To try and ensure our members get the best online experience possible, we activitely use the site ourselves so that we can give you the top online dating tips!
Image credit: Flickr
So here’s what we’ve found helps you to get the most from your online dating experience:
1. Have a profile picture – this is the number one tip for a very good reason. Members will trust you far more if you have a profile picture, you’re also far more likely to get contacted yourself by other users if you show them who you are and don’t have anything to hide.
2. Contact a wide range of members – when getting used to the site, try playing the numbers game. On average, online dating sites have a 5% response rate. Don’t just message your favourite, make sure you have a few lined up so that you can quickly get chatting and hopefully arrange a meet!
3. Send unique messages to members you like – try talking about members profile interests, making sure you call them by their name. Make them feel special by showing you’ve made the effort to not just send out the same message to everyone.
4. Don’t ignore members without a profile picture – many of the girls and guys who have profile pictures will be overloaded with messages. Your best chance could well be from an active member who doesn’t have a profile pic and who isn’t contacted so frequently.
5. Find active members – use the full search options when logging in, to find the girls and guys in your area who have logged in recently.
6. Complete your profile – people search by profile interests, so make sure yours are listed. It also helps to provide a common ground and something to talk to members about when messaging them.
7. Frequently login to check for new members – this will help your own profile to be visited more regularly and means that you may spot some new members who you’re interested in.
8. Be patient – a lot of girls will check their messages once or twice a week, possibly less. So if you don’t get a reply straight away, don’t be too worried. On average men check their messages more frequently.
9. Be honest – if you’re just looking for no strings dating, tell them that – this way you’re far more likely to find members who are looking for the same sort of thing! For popular members this may help to filter out some of the unwanted messages too.
10. Update a diary – this is a new feature and is a great way of showing members that you are genuine and actively using the site. Latest diary entries are displayed to users when logging in so this is a great way of getting a bit of extra attention as well!